Super Absorbent Polymer is a range of superabsorbent anionic polyacrylamide polymers. They are crosslinked copolymers of acrylamide and potassium acrylate that are water insoluble.
Super Absorbent Polymer (SAP) polyacrylamide is a new type macro molecular synthetic material, which can absorb water of hundreds times of its weight in a short time and form granule formations in soil to enhance dank and ventilating ability. It is one kind of functionality macro molecule polymer which is non-toxic, non-irritating and non-corrosive. It can not conflagrate and blast.
Super Absorbent Polymers are hydrogels which absorb and retain large quantities of water and nutrients when dipped into the soil or any other growing media. They optimize plant growth with minimal losses of water and nutrients through leaching and evaporation. Water and nutrients are stored in the root zone for an optimal uptake by the plant.
· Increase water reserves of soils for several years
· Allow land-cultivation under extreme soil and climate conditions
· Provide plants with regular moisture supply
· Develop better plant growth in rain-sparse regions
· Improve soil ventilation in compact soils
· Reduce irrigation timing and water quantities
· Decrease by at least a third the nutrient leaching into the ground water
· Protect environment against drought, erosion, desertification and water-pollution
How super absorbent polymer Works:
The super absorbent polymer consists of a set of polymeric chains that are parallel to each other and regularly linked to each other by cross-linking agents, thus forming a network. When water comes into contact with one of these chains, it is drawn into the molecule by osmosis. Water rapidly migrates into the interior of the polymer network where it is stored. As the soil dries out, the polymer releases up to 95% of the absorbed water into the soil. The quantity of cross-linking agent enables modification of the polymer network.
The more the polymer is crosslinked, the tighter the network. Thus absorption capacity decreases but the polymer remains more stable over time
Application of the dry or hydrated super absorbent polymer product:
· After hydration of the dry product, it becomes a transparent gel that is greatly expanded.
· When the product is mixed dry into a substrate, it is recommended that an empty space of a minimum of 15% be left in containers. During hydration, the substrate could overflow its container.
· Dry product must not be placed under plugs. the plant could be destabilized after super absorbent polymer hydration
· It is preferable to mix the dry product in an irrigated soil of substrate.
· On the other hand, hydrating the product in a non-irrigated soil is recommended so that it becomes active immediately.
Super absorbent polymer has also shown its effectiveness in large-scale farming, especially at the time of germination and development of the root network due to good aeration of the soil. The storage of rainwater or irrigation water by super absorbent polymer delays the wilting point and thus makes it possible for certain plants to begin to be well established while waiting for the water regime to become adequate. Super absorbent polymer ensures a good population and an even growth of plants even in very permeable soils.
For example, in the farming of rain-fed sugar cane, significan increase in yield of approx. 25% are observed.
1. When replanting a field, put TRAMSORB in the furrows where the cane shoots are placed.
2. Super absorbent polymer may be applied at the same time as a fertilizer.
3. Cover the shoots with soil by earthing up.
25kg pp woven bag.