PAM, Anionic Polyacrylamide is used for water treatment, mining and paper mills.
1) Appearance: White granule
2) Molecular weight: 5 - 22 million minimum
3) Granule: 20 - 100 mesh
4) Solid content: 88% minimum
5) Hydrolyzing degree: 10 - 20%, 20 - 30% or 30 - 40%
6) Dissolving time: 2 hours maximum (10º C)
7) Insoluble: 0.5% maximum
8) Monomer free: 0.05% maximum
PAM is short for polyacrylamide, polyacrylamide is a water- soluble high polymer and widely used in petroleum, paper making, metallurgical, textile, chemical and environment protection firlds. There are three categories of anionic, cationic and non-ionic type. Different application need different grade of polyacrylamide.
Application introduction of polyacrylamide:
1. For flocculation, PAM can be used for recovering solid substance treating industrial effluent, domestic sewage and purifying water, assisting filtering, treatment oc coal, mining, and well drilling slurry material and etc.
2. For viscosity thicker, PAM can be used for oil/gas drilling additives and water injection process in EOR(Enhanced Oil Recover).
3. For paper mills, polyacrylamide can be used for enhance staying rate of filling material, speed size filterability and white water sedimentation in the paper and then coagulate to increase the strength of paper.
4. PAM can also be used in textile industries.
Solution make up:
To obtain homogeneous solution, efficient dispersion is necessary. The most convenient method of dispersing these products is with a polymer eductor or a commercially available dry powder feeder unit. Solution should be made at 0.1%-0.3% solid. Made-up water temperature should be between 30-40 for optimum product performance. The above recommended anionic solution concentration are stable for up to one week. Aluminum, Zinc, Copper, or Iron should be avoided in make-up system.
The solid product is packed in Kraft paper bags with inner plastic bags, with each bag containing 25kgs.